Spacey is on a mission to democratize the art world – empowering anyone to collect, track, and trade fine art like a world-class collector. Spacey is backed by investors at Twitter, Google, AngelPad and more and has has been recognized as a leader by the Financial Times, Fast Company, and Arch Digest.
Spacey is currently building the next phase of our marketplace in “stealth mode.” As we build our next-generation marketplace, we are looking for a talented Sales lead to sell the collection of artwork that’s currently on our website. The artwork in our collection meets museum quality fine art standards, and has been created exclusively for Spacey by some of the top emerging artists around the world (our artists have been featured by MOMA, Forbes, Arch Digest and more).
Our Sales lead will earn 10% of any deal closed. We have ~6,000 units to sell, which is ~$2M in inventory, up to ~$200,000 in commission fees. We are open to deals anywhere from 25 units of inventory to 6,000 units of inventory.
- Timing: June - August
- Schedule: Part Time (flexible day(s) / hours)
- Commission: 10% Commission Fee
- Office: Remote
- Perks: $500 Art credit
Responsibilities include identifying targets, pitching leads, and closing deals – always representing Spacey as a premium fine art brand. We are a fast-growing, venture-backed start up, so if interested, there is the opportunity for this to turn into a full-time position on our partnerships team. Example sales targets below:
- Trade: Interior Design Firms, Staging Firms, Art Advisors
- Home Retail: West Elm, Anthropology, ShopBop…
- Fashion Retail: ShopBop, Neiman Marcus, The Yes
- Hotels: Ace Hotel, Sonder, Marriot
- Relationships: We expect our team to create meaningful, authentic, and personal connections with everyone they touch – internally and externally – through a positive and inviting attitude. We are a team of strong communicators and collaborators. Every person is an ambassador and an advocate for the next-generation art world we’re creating together.
- Innovation: We expect our team to reimagine the future of fine art, throwing out the rule book for ‘how things are’ in fine art, to move forward and reimagine a bigger and better future. We expect our team to use their big picture objectives to reach a higher vision for Spacey. We don’t get stuck in challenges – we use challenges as an opportunity to create new and innovative solutions. We expect our team to bring a tech-first mentality to their roles, automating workflows to guide us toward higher level execution.
- Quality: We expect our team to always strive to deliver maximum value. We demand excellence from our work, and know the impact the ‘micro’ has on the ‘macro’. We evaluate our work constantly, looking to data to help us understand our performance, and in turn, reach new standards of working. We are always looking for the ultimate way to complete our work, asking ourselves what is the coolest, smartest, most interesting way to approach what we do? We put our ideas into practice by being experts in our field. We expect our team to be constantly learning and reaching new heights.
- Curation: We take our role as a Curator seriously. We are architects of a new art world and we all feel the responsibility of approaching our work with thought, intention and purpose. We must be the most valuable ‘connector’ between artists and collectors. We must be culturally relevant. We must always teach people about fine art and invite them into Spacey’s world. We must understand the power of visuals and employ cohesive design, aesthetics, and art as a tool in all of our work. By doing this, we help the world understand the value of our brand, our artists, and ultimately their artwork.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org